Cimburk u Koryčan - castle ruins

Cimburk u Koryčan - castle ruins

The ruin of a forest castle. The originally Gothic castle was built in 1327 – 33 and later rebuilt in 1468 and 1655, abandoned from 1702. There are visible remains of a palace and towers.

Cimburk 204

Brumov - castle ruins

Brumov - castle ruins

The ruin of an early Gothic castle from the 13th century built as a defence against Hungarian attacks. It was plundered during the Hussite wars, but rebuilt in Renaissance style again. The castle was finally abandoned after a fire in 1821. Today stands a defence tower and parts of the walls.

Synkové čp. 942

Klenov (Freundsberg) - castle ruins

Klenov (Freundsberg) - castle ruins

Supposedly it was built by the Templars at the beginning of the 14th century.

Lukov - castle ruins

Lukov - castle ruins

The ruin of a castle from the first half of the 13th century on a promontory in the forest. The castle was rebuilt at the end of the 14th century and today stand only remains of the fortifications, buildings, entrance tower and reconstructed bridge. The castle is being slowly reconstructed by supporters of the place. There are climbing slopes under the castle.

Old castle on Janov Mountain - ruins

Old castle on Janov Mountain - ruins

Former farmstead, where the Lords of Vizovice Chateau had rooms available when they were hunting.

Janova hora 450

Rožnov pod Radhoštěm - ruins

Rožnov pod Radhoštěm - ruins

It was established by the Olomouc Bishop Bruno of Šaumburk. At the beginning of the 16th century, the western palace was renovated in Renaissance style. In 1539, it was tonr down, however the fortification was still maintained. The castle was completely destroyed at the beginning of the 18th century under the rule of the Žerotíns.

Arnoltovice - castle ruins

The castle was apparently built by Jiří of Arnoltovic. It was abandoned until 1504. Only terrain remains have been conserved.

Chlum - castle ruins

Built in the second half of the 14th century by the lords of Kunštát. Only fragments of the defense ramparts remain from the foreground and actual castle.

Engelsberk - castle remains

The remains of a Gothic stronghold. It was first documented in the 13th century and probably in the 15th century it was inhabited by knights of the pad. The stronghold was probably destroyed during the Hungarian wars in the second half of the 15th century.

Křídlo - castle ruins

The ruin of a castle built on a promontory in the half of the 14th century and abandoned probably already in 1481. The ruins show the ground plan of the castle with prismatic tower with a drawbridge, two habitable towers and a large front fortification.

Nový Šaumburk (Zubříč) - castle remains

The castle Zubříč, its proper name being Nový Šaumburk, was founded in the first half of the 14th century. In 1451 it was as a base of knights of the pad bought by the land hetman and razed to the ground.

Obřany - castle ruins

Of the old medieval castle built above the Bystřička river today remains part of the round tower and fortified walls. The castle was founded in the 14th century but as the owner was not allowed to do so, he was ordered to pull the structure down. It obviously didn’t happen but a century later, in 1447 the place is documented as abandoned.

Perná - remains of a fortress

The place can be marked as almost non-existant, perhaps only a few small terrain signs on the southern and eastern side. However, it's existence has was clearly confirmed by archaeological excavations in the 1970s.

Příluky - remains of a fortress

The fortress was already built in the middle of the 14th century.

Pržno - remains of fortress

Only an irregular oval mound remains of the fort standing over above the Paléskový Stream.

Pulčín - castle ruins

Remains of a Medieval rock castle with staircases carved into the rok. It belonged to the Cimburks from 1446. It was torn down in the 15th century.

Šaumburk - castle remains

From the once large and monumental castle today remain only ruins of the external walls and ground waves. The castle was built in 1272 – 75 to protect the Olomouc diocese. It was abandoned in the first half of the 13th century.

Starý Světlov - castle remains

In the place of a medieval castle Starý Světlov you will find today only small remnants of walls and a deep moat. The castle history starts probably in the second half of the 13th century. After the Hussite wars the castle was occupied by knights of the pad and the Moravian estates bought it out in order to demolish it. However, the castle survived until the end of the 15th century.

Střílky - castle ruins

The castle dates back to the 13th century. It was built by Smile of Obřan. While it was in the ownership of the lords of Boskovice in the 16th centutry, it was abandoned. One wall and several moats have been preserved.


Events

(Fleret + host Franc Alpa)

Masters Of Rock Café (Zlín)

Fri 1/19/2018 19:00

(Supertramp Classics)

Zlin Congress Centre (Zlín)

Sat 4/28/2018 18:00

(Stálá expozice obrazů malíře Joži Uprky)

Joža Uprka Gallery (Uherské Hradiště)

Thu 12/31/2014 - Thu 12/30/2020

(Otmar Oliva - Příběh sochy)

Tourist information centre (Velehrad)

Fri 6/2/2016 - Tue 12/30/2019

(Archiv a čas 1947 - 1997 - 2017)

State District Archive (Kroměříž)

Wed 6/13/2017 - Thu 5/30/2018


Tip for a trip

Brumov - castle ruins

Brumov - castle ruins

The ruin of an early Gothic castle from the 13th century built as a defence against Hungarian attacks...